Another favorite breakfast egg recipe which takes just 10 mins to make, uses very basic ingredients, but tastes extraordinary. The burst of flavours from the fresh veggies and spices with the softness of bread, makes this recipe even more tempting. This recipe was invented by my mum and all the credits go to her. She named this Egg Pizza because of the round shape that resembles a pizza and also the veggies look like toppings. I lost her in 2019 and haven’t eaten this since. A few days back I was going through some old photographs and found an image of this recipe. The next morning I made this for breakfast and my husband loved it. So I’m pretty sure you will enjoy this recipe too.
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Pav (Soft Dinner Roll)
1/2 Sliced Onion
1/2 Sliced Tomato
1/2 Green Chilli
1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with a little salt and red chilli powder and keep aside.
- Heat a Tava or round pan, add butter and spread evenly.
- Break the Pav into small pieces. I got around 12-13 pieces. If you don’t Pav, you can use bread slices, though I haven’t tried and can’t say if it will make any difference to the taste or texture.
- Place these broken pieces in a circular shape, filling it inside. It should look like a pizza base with gaps in between.
- On top of these pieces layer it with slices of Onion & Tomato.
- Also scatter the chopped Green Chilli and Coriander Leaves on this.
- Now take the beaten egg bowl and pour this all over from the center to the edges. The egg will bind the pav pieces.
- Sprinkle some salt and chilli powder and let it brown well.
- Add some butter on top and with the help of a turner spoon, gently lift and flip this to cook the other side too.
- Let it cook really well, until brown and the veggies look roasted.
- Now transfer this to a plate with the veggie side facing up.
- Spread some Tomato Ketchup over this evenly or serve on the side.
- Enjoy this with a knife and fork. Easy Peasy!
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE