This super delicious Egg Bhurji is so easy to make and requires very basic ingredients. Ideally served with Dinner Rolls, making it the famous Bhurji Pav from Mumbai, this also tastes great with Roti or Bread. And if you are on a restrictive diet, you can have this with easy Coconut Buns (that I make at home) or simply eat as it is. A great breakfast idea, I make this at least twice a week. This also tastes exactly like the Mumbai street style Anda Bhurji, but since it’s made fresh at home with healthy ingredients and less oil, you can enjoy this recipe every now and then.
Before I forget to mention, this desi egg scrambled delicacy is Keto and Paleo Diet friendly. Ideal for Diabetic and Weight-Loss watchers, it also makes a great inclusion in Anti-Inflammatory and Gluten Free diet plans. Just replace the bread with Coconut buns and enjoy a hot plate of Egg Bhurjee!
1 Tbsp Butter/ Olive Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 Inch Cinnamon Stick
1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Chopped Green Chilli
1 Chopped Onion
2-3 Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Garam Masala/Kitchen King Masala
2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
Butter roasted Pav (Soft Dinner Rolls)
Roti / Chapati / Paratha
Coconut Buns (Keto Pav)
- In a pan, heat butter or oil. I use a mix of both.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds. You can keep the flame on medium heat.
- Add in the whole spices – Cinnamon Stick, Peppercorns and Cloves. Saute for a few seconds. Don’t burn them. (You can skip this, if you don’t have. Just add in a little extra Garam Masala Powder later on.)
- Add in the Ginger Garlic Paste & Chopped Green Chilli and saute for around 8-10 seconds.
- Now add in the chopped Onion and saute until translucent and slightly brown.
- Now add in the chopped Tomatoes. If I’m using large tomatoes I use 2, else 3.
- Add in salt, saute and cook until the tomatoes soften and look mushy.
- Now add in the spice powders – Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder and Garam Masala Powder. You can adjust the quantity as per taste. We like this a little bit spicy so I add more sometimes.
- Mix well and cook for 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally. The masala will look a little drier, well cooked and blended with the aromatic spices.
- Now crack in 4 whole eggs right into this pan.
- With the help of a spatula, mix the eggs with the masala to achieve a scrambled eggs look. You can also cover and cook for a minute and then mix it all together.
- Once it leaves the sides of the pan and the eggs are no longer sticking to the bottom of the pan, you know it’s almost ready.
- All you need to do is add in Coriander Leaves for some freshness. Mix well and serve hot with Butter Roasted Pav (Dinner Rolls), Roti, Bread Toast or Coconut Buns.
- Do let me know in the comments below, if you want me to put up the Coconut Buns recipe.
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE