The combination of these 3 vegetables is delightful, yet so easy to make. This sabji uses very few ingredients, dry spice powders mainly, without the hassle of having to finely chop onions and tomatoes or peel garlic, which most of us find it so boring to do. I am no exception! It’s vegan and gluten free. I won’t say this is a quick recipe, because you will need some time to cook the cauliflower florets and potatoes. But otherwise, it’s a pretty simple recipe.
1 Tbsp Mustard Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Cup Green Peas
1 Tsp Kitchen King Masala (Optional)
1 Tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Raw Mango Powder (Amchur)
Salt as per taste
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves
- Separate the Cauliflower Florets and boil them in water for around 5 minutes. This will reduce your cooking time. Drain the water and spread the almost cooked cauliflower over an absorbing cloth or plate to dry a little.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into small pieces. Wash them with water to remove excess starch. Wipe with a clean cloth until they are semi dry.
- Now heat a wide or deep pan with mustard oil. You can replace mustard oil with refined oil.
- Once the oil starts to smoke, splutter cumin seeds.
- Now add the chopped Potatoes and sauté over low heat until they are 90% cooked.
- Now add the semi cooked cauliflower florets and sauté together.
- Add Green Peas to this. I used frozen thawed green peas. You can use regular ones too but they might take a little longer to cook.
- Add salt and sauté until they all cook completely. By completely I don’t mean to overcook them, especially the cauliflower. They shouldn’t be mushy at all. Just cooked enough to bite into it.
- Now add all the spice powders – You can skip Kitchen King Masala if you don’t have it. Or you can replace that with any other masala like Tandoori Masala or Sabji Masala. Add Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and Amchur Powder. Mix everything well.
- Add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve with Roti or rice and some kadhi.
- If you’ve found my blog useful or interesting in any way, please do show some love by doing the following – Like, rate, comment & share this recipe ❤ Also follow me on Instagram
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE