1 Glass Fine Semolina (Rava/Suji)
1/2 Glass Yogurt
1/2 Glass Water
Salt to taste
1/4 Cup Water
1 Green Chilli
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, add Semolina. Mix Salt.
- To this add whisked Yogurt and mix well.
- Now add water and mix everything well.
- Let this batter rest for 20 – 30 minutes. The Rava will soak up the water.
- In the meantime, chop all the vegetables mentioned in the list colour coded in Red, very finely. I used a chopper. You can also manually chop them all. If you are not immediately using this, I recommend to store covered in the refrigerator. This will avoid veggies from losing water. I’m not adding salt to the veggies. So add salt to the batter accordingly.
- Check the batter and add little more water if required. The batter should be thick but at the same time, should drop off from the spatula.
- Heat a griddle/tava. Spread some ghee/oil.
- Pour batter on the tava and make small Uttapams by gently spreading the batter with the spatula.
- Now top the batter with the chopped veggies and press them gently with the back of a spoon.
- Pour little drops of oil/ghee around the Uttapam.
- Once they start to brown, flip gently, press and cook the side with the vegetables.
- Flip once again and plate this with some Spiced Stew or Sambar, Coconut Chutney or Sattu Chutney or Ketchup. Click on them for the recipe.
- If you have leftover Idli Batter, you can use this instead of Rava Batter.