I always stock roasted Chana (Chickpeas), Dal (Lentils) & Shengdana (Peanuts) for in between munching. But I’m sure you’ll agree, after a point they get boring. So to make this interesting, I added in some fresh ingredients and spices that will not only enhance the taste, but will also make you snack on them more often and avoid junk. Since all of these above ingredients are packed with protein, they give you an instant boost of energy and help you focus. They are Gluten Free too! Vegans and otherwise can enjoy this as a great post workout snack for muscle recovery. You can use any roasted grams, whatever you like or find. They can be plain, salted or masala – doesn’t matter, the crunch is what you are looking for. Be careful to choose only the ones made without preservatives and added sugar. I always check the labels before buying any packaged food. So next time you crave something yum, try this healthy alternative. But be sure to keep these roasted grams ready at home for an instant snack anytime.
2 Tbsp Roasted Moong Dal (Split Mung Beans)
2 Tbsp Roasted Shengdana (Groundnuts/Peanuts)
2 Tbsp Roasted Chana (Small Brown Chickpeas)
2 Tbsp Roasted Chana Dal (Split Chickpeas)
2 Tbsp Roasted Hara Chana (Green Peas)
2 Tbsp Boondi (Crispy Gram Flour Balls) – Optional
2 Tbsp Bhujia (Crispy Gram Flour Snack) – Optional
5-10 Potato Wafers (Chips) – Optional
1 Finely Chopped Tomato
1 Finely Chopped Onion
1 Tsp Cold Pressed Mustard Oil
1 Tsp Chaat Masala/Pani Puri Masala/ Amchoor Powder/ Tamarind Paste
1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder/ 1/4 Tsp Green Chilli Paste
2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- When I say easy, it’s got to be easy, right?
- All you have to do is mix everything from the ingredients list into a big enough bowl and serve.
- You don’t have to worry about the measurements I’ve given above. Use what you have and how much you need as per taste.
- You don’t have to use everything from the roasted ingredients list. Even 2-3 of those are enough. I’ve given you options you can use. You can add anything with a crunch or crisp. If you can think of more roasted or crispy items to add, do let me know in the comments section below.
- Also the Bhujia, Boondi and Wafers (crushed) are optional. I don’t use them, but sometimes I do since my husband loves it. You can use the masala just for these 3 ingredients. Though not the healthiest, but it’s alright once in a while,
- Overall, with the crunch and spice and fresh veggies, this chaat tastes really good. Especially the mustard oil and lemon juice bring out the flavours so well.
- It works as a great tea time snack, carry to work snack, post workout snack, midnight craving snack or even an occasional quick breakfast fix.
- You can use the same ingredients and spices and instead of roasted grams, use it for boiled Peanuts, Chickpeas (Big/Small), Green Peas or American Corn. So many variations, right?
- So make this soon and do let me know in the comments below if loved this recipe. Give a like and subscribe too ❤
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE