One of the very few recipes here that don’t fall under either of the GLUTEN FREE or VEGAN categories!
So this morning I wanted to try the Egg burger from the breakfast menu of McDonalds India and so had ordered the burger buns the previous night. This is a very easy recipe and I’ve used steamed eggs for this burger. This McEgg has no meat so if you are an eggetarian, you’ll want to try this out. I’m sure you’ll love it!
1 Burger Bun
1 Tsp Butter
1 Tbsp Mayo
1/2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
1 Slice Cheese
1 Lettuce Leaf
1 Slice Onion
Salt & Pepper
- I used Brown Eggs for this. You can use White or even Country (Desi) Eggs. You need to steam the eggs, though even medium boiled eggs would work.
- I have a egg steamer at home. It’s a small electric device in which you can boil or steam eggs in less than 5 minutes.
- If you don’t have an egg steamer you can steam them by breaking the egg into a small steel bowl (any heat safe container) and place in a wide pan filled with boiling water. Let it boil until the eggs are steamed. You can also cover the pan and cook.
- Prepare the burger buns in the meantime. I used Burger Buns from English Oven and they were pre-cut and super soft like the ones you get at McDonald’s.
- Spread some butter on the insides of the buns and place it on a hot griddle (tava) and let it brown. The insides should crisp.
- Take them out on a plate with the crisp inside facing upwards.
- Pour some Mayonnaise on both the sides. I used Veg Mayo because that’s what I had at home, you can use the egg version.
- Also squeeze out a little ketchup on one side.
- With a butter knife, spread both evenly.
- So we will now start building up the the bottom part of the burger, which is the flatter end like you’d do with a sandwich. No rocket science here.
- So I first placed a lettuce leaf. You can skip the lettuce, but I like a little freshness and colour.
- Now add a layer of Cheese Slice.
- Then top it with the steamed egg.
- Add a slice of Onion. You can layer as per your mood. No set rule. It all tastes the same.
- Season this with good ol’ salt and pepper.
- Complete the top with the other round end of the bun.
- Enjoy your burger with a side of potato chips and a fun TV show and you’re good to go! ♥️
- Please do drop comments!
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE