Do you always buy your Coffee Scrubs? Next time, don’t! Because they are super easy to make at home. And it won’t even take much of your time. Funnily, buying it from someplace would take more time than this homemade scrub! Most ingredients are available readily in most homes. And what’s great is that you know what goes in your scrub, so it’s 100% safe.
Remember what coffee does to your sleepy head? Well it kinda does the same to your skin! The caffeine in coffee wakes up the skin by improving blood circulation which helps reduce the appearance of cellulite to give your skin a more even toned look. Plus when rubbed in gently, the skin absorbs the antioxidant properties to prevent premature aging too! It’s a great exfoliator which will not only help remove dead skin cells to give you a smoother softer skin over time, but also keep it moisturised and supple. Alas! This scrub is not suitable for face, the results maybe a bit cruel, so please only use it for the rest of your body. And hey, this can be used by anyone. Just don’t be harsh on yourself. Gentle regular use should do the trick 🙂
2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2.5 Tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
1 Tbsp Filter Coffee
1 Tsp Honey (Optional)
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
- Like I mentioned earlier that you know what goes into this scrub, so you choose what you want for your skin. I’ll mention the type of the above ingredients I’ve used. But you are free to choose what is readily available to you. The first 3 or 4 ingredients are mandatory, the rest can be skipped. So let’s get started!
- All you need is a glass jar with a lid.
- I’ve used Organic Granulated Sugar. You can use white sugar. Just make sure the granules are small or medium sized and not too big.
- I used a mix of Instant Coffee Powder & Ground Filter Coffee. You can use freshly ground or filter coffee powder or Instant on their own.
- I’ve used Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. You can use regular coconut oil.
- If you are vegan or if honey is not available, you can skip this ingredient.
- Ground up cinnamon sticks to make it a powder. Also a completely optional ingredient.
- Now add all the ingredients in the jar and mix well. That’s it!
- If the mixture seems too dry, add a little more coconut oil or honey. And if it’s runny, add a little bit of coffee powder or sugar! The mixture should look dense.
- It’s quite possible that the coconut oil will start to melt or seperate from the coffee. In that case, go ahead and add more ground coffee.
- Use this before a shower. Gently scrub it in for a few minutes on wet skin, preferably after prepping skin with lukewarm water and then rinse off as usual with a mild soap. Pat dry. Use maybe once or twice a week. Comment below ❤
- If you’ve found my blog useful or interesting in any way or if you’ve tried any of my recipes, please do show some love – Like, rate, comment & share this recipe ❤ Also follow me on Instagram
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE