Tried this for the first time and turned out so good! I’ve always eaten the bland version and was never a big fan. I would mix it up with my dal rice just to camouflage the taste. But this masala version changed the whole idea of cabbage sabji for me. Didn’t know this cruciferous vegetable could taste so divine! I loved it and I hope you love it too ❤
1 Cup Green Peas
1 Tbsp Oil
1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
1/4 Tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
1 Green Chilli
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Garam Masala
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves
Salt as per taste
- Wash, pat dry and thinly chop cabbage into long slices. Keep this aside.
- Also chop Tomatoes roughly into medium sized chunks.
- Heat oil in a pan and add Cumin Seeds, Asafoetida and Fenugreek Seeds. I crush fenugreek seeds and store in a jar and use the coarse powder instead of the whole seeds.
- Now add finely chopped Green Chilli. Lower the heat.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and lightly saute for a few seconds.
- Now add the thinly sliced Cabbage and a little Salt.
- Mix everything very well and increase the flame to medium-high.
- Now add the chopped Tomatoes and Green Peas. I used frozen peas. You can use the fresh ones instead.
- Give this a good mix. Cover the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes on low-medium flame.
- We won’t add water to this since the veggies will also release some water while cooking. But keep checking and stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Cook until the veggies look drier and cooked thoroughly. You will notice the oil separating and the cabbage will look glossy.
- Now add Garam Masala and additional salt if required and on a high flame cook this for 3-4 minutes until any excess liquid gets evaporated.
- Switch off flame and add chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Serve with hot Rotis or Naan!
- If you’ve found my blog useful or interesting in any way or if you’ve tried any of my recipes, please do show some love – Like, rate, comment & share this recipe ❤ Also follow me on Instagram
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE