Easy peasy wholesome vegetarian salad complete with protein, greens and healthy fats in the form of nuts and olive oil. This salad is divine! I’ve mixed veggies and fruits to give it a taste that’s a little sweet, a little bitter, a little sour and so flavourful! The dressing is home made too. So let’s have a salad, because why not?
INGREDIENTS | Dip
200 Grams Fresh Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
1 Tsp Oil
INGREDIENTS | Steak
8-10 Basil Leaves
4-5 Garlic Cloves
1/4 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Rock Salt to taste
1/4 Tsp Lemon Juice
INGREDIENTS | Dressing
6-7 Black Olives
1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Pepper Powder
Rock Salt to taste
INGREDIENTS | Veggies
1 Bunch Arugula Leaves
1 Tomato / Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Bell Pepper
1/2 Inch Ginger
- Dip – In a mixer grinder, add Basil Leaves, Garlic Cloves, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Salt. Blend into a thick paste. I used Himalayan Pink Salt. Keep this aside.
- Steak – Wash Cottage Cheese under running water while gently rubbing all sides to rid of any impurities. Pat dry with a towel.
- Carefully cut them into long 1 inch thick slices, resembling a steak.
- Drizzle Oil on a flat griddle.
- Once hot, place the slices of Cottage Cheese and cook until both sides turn brown and harden a little.
- You can also sprinkle a little salt on each side, while they cook. Keep them aside.
- Dressing – Take a small bowl and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pepper Powder, Lemon Juice, Rock Salt (I used Himalayan Pink Salt), Sesame Seeds and chopped Black Olives.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Veggies – Thoroughly Wash and pat dry Arugula Leaves. You can use any other salad leaves of your choice. Add this to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop Tomatoes and Cucumber into chunks and add them to a bowl.
- Add finely chopped Bell Peppers to this.
- Also add chopped Plum along with slices of oranges deseeded and halved.
- Grate ginger and add this along with roughly chopped Walnuts.
- Now add the dressing you made and mix everything well.
- From the fried Cottage Cheese, take 2-3 slices and break them roughly into pieces and add to the bowl. Mix again.
- Plating – Take serving bowls or plates and place the salad. I made this for 2 people so I divided into 2 equal portions.
- Now place the Cottage Cheese Slices as a side and spread some of the basil dip you made, on each slice.
- That’s all! Enjoy a filling and wholesome salad! Tastes great. Feels amazing 🙂
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE