This Indian style Sandwich tastes really good and is super easy to make. I started making this years back with leftover Potato Sabji as an evening snack. But now I make the Sabji to eat this Sandwich. You can use Pav instead of Sandwich bread. I made 6 sandwiches with these.
INGREDIENTS: POTATO MASALA
Boiled & Mashed Potatoes (Approx 6 medium sized)
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
2 Green Chillis finely chopped
2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
20 Garlic Cloves
15 Dry Red Chillis (Bedgi)
1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds or a Slice of White Bread
METHOD – GARLIC CHUTNEY:
- Soak Dry Red Chillis in little warm water for 5 minutes until they soften a little. Use Bedgi Chillis. They are not too spicy but give a good colour.
- Add this to a small mixer jar.
- Add peeled Garlic Cloves & Salt.
- Add Coriander Seeds or a slice of Bread. I alternate these 2 ingredients depending on what I have.
- Add little water to grind this into a thick paste.
- Your chutney is ready to use.
- You can make this Chutney in bulk, store in a glass jar and refrigerate.
METHOD – POTATO MASALA:
- In a pan, add some Butter/Oil.
- Splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Add finely chopped Green Chillis.
- Add Curry Leaves.
- Add Turmeric Powder.
- Add Salt.
- Add Mashed or Roughly Chopped Potatoes.
- Mix well and keep this masala aside.
ASSEMBLE YOUR SANDWICH:
- Take 2 slices of bread.
- Spread Butter all over both the slices of bread
- One one side spread the Garlic Chutney. You can add on both sides too.
- One the other slice, add a thick layer of Potato Masala.
- Add the cheese slice. You can add Grated Cheese or Cheese Spread if you don’t have the slice. Add as much as you like.
- Place the other slice on top of this slice.
- On a hot dry pan, place the Sandwich. No need to add butter.
- With a flat steel plate press the sandwich for 5-10 seconds.
- Once the sandwich browns, flip and repeat the previous step.
- Your crispy toasted Potato Masala Sandwich is ready to eat.
- Serve with Green Chutney or Red Garlic Chutney.