- Ghee/ Olive Oil
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Chopped Onions
- Turmeric Powder
- Maggi Masala Cube/ Pepper/ Indian Masala Powder
- Green Peas
- Button Mushrooms
- Kale Leaves
- Spring Onions
- Red & Yellow Bell Peppers
- Cooked Red Rice
- Boiled Black Eyed Peas (Chawli) – Soaked overnight
- Boiled Moth Beans (Matki) – Soaked overnight
- Coriander Leaves/ Mint Leaves
- So take any deep vessel like a cast iron skillet, clay pot or any uncoated cookware.
- Add ghee/olive oil. You can use mustard oil, coconut oil or sesame seed oil.
- Add fresh ginger garlic paste. Sauté till lightly brown.
- Add chopped Onions. Sauté till translucent.
- Add Turmeric powder & salt to taste. I also added a Maggi masala cube. You can avoid that or replace with just pepper or a pinch of any Indian masala powder like garam masala/sabji masala/kitchen king.
- At this point add your favourite vegetables. I normally add the hard veggies that take longer to cook first. So I added green peas first and after a few minutes the button mushrooms went in. Then the fresh kale. Before using, make sure to wash them well, discard the hard stalks/stems. (You can reserve them to add into juices or soups.) and just tear them up and add after the mushrooms soften.
- Cover & cook. You can sprinkle some water if its too dry. Let it cook until the leaves start to wilt.
- Add in spring onions and bell peppers. Give it a mix and switch off the flame immediately. I like them a little crunchy so I don’t let them cook much. The heat from other veggies cooks them just enough.
- Cook Organic Red Rice and keep aside.
- Boil soaked Black Eyed Beans (Chawli) & Moth Beans (Matki). Add this to the rice.
- Add salt & mix well.
- Garnish with coriander/ mint leaves.
Serve the rice and veggies with fresh cut salad and buttermilk.
You can follow more of my healthy recipes in my food section #DivyashreeEats on my Instagram handle @divyashree_mangalorkar. Here is a link to the pictures of this recipe. Do follow me on Instagram 🙂