Just the way we use Spinach leaves to make Dal Palak, I used them to make kadhi. It’s like a normal Kadhi, just with the addition of Palak. Tastes great with Bajra or Jowar Rotis or even with Rice and regular Rotis. It’s healthy and gluten free too.
1/2 Bunch Spinach Leaves
1 Tsp Oil
1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
1 Pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
1 Dry Red Chilli
1/2 Inch Ginger
3-4 Garlic Cloves
2 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
4 Tbsp Yogurt (Dahi)
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Wash Spinach Leaves thoroughly, finely chop them and keep aside.
- In a wide deep pan, heat oil.
- Crackle Cumin & Mustard Seeds.
- Now add Fenugreek Seeds, Asafoetida and Dry Red Chilli. You can use Green Chillies instead.
- Also add finely chopped Ginger & Garlic. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add thinly sliced Onion and cook until they brown a little.
- Now add the Spinach Leaves, mix well and let it cook on low flame. The leaves will start to wilt and reduce in size within minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In the meantime, mix Gram Flour with Yogurt.
- Also add Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and Salt.
- You can additionally also add in other spice powders like Cumin, Coriander and Garam Masala. I haven’t.
- Combine everything well to form a lump free thick batter.
- To this add 2-3 cups of water. Mix well.
- Add this Yogurt mix to the Spinach and keep stirring continuously till it reaches a boil.
- Add more water as per your preference.
- You can increase the flame and cook but remember that stirring is important to avoid the yogurt from breaking and the gram flour from clumping.
- You can now simmer the flame and cook until you no longer can feel the raw taste of gram flour.
- Serve hot with rotis, bhakris or rice 🙂
- Like, Share, Comment & Subscribe. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram <3
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE