Pumpkins are a fibre rich and highly nutrient dense food. They are plump, quite filling yet low in calories. Being rich in vitamins and minerals, you must include this in your diet. You can make a dry sabji to eat with roti, add this to Sambhar, make a hearty soup or bake/roast or pan fry them like I did with this recipe.
There are many varieties of Pumpkin. I’ve used the Red Pumpkin which is known as Lal Bhopla or Kaddu in Hindi. They are hard when raw with an even tougher exterior, but on being cooked, they turn very fleshy yet hold on to its shape.
Pumpkin fry can be enjoyed by Diabetics and those looking to lose those extra kilos as this recipe helps in weight-loss too. This recipe is Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy Free (so safe for Lactose Intolerants), Anti-Inflammatory, Paleo and Keto friendly too! Enjoy it as a snack or as an appetizer or combine this with a healthy salad to make this a wholesome meal.
200 Grams Red Pumpkin
1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Ghee/Oil
1 Tbsp Coriander/Mint Leaves
Salt to taste
- Clean and peel the hard exterior of your Pumpkin. I’ve used Red Pumpkin. The photos are at the end of this post.
- Chop into long and 1 inch thick dices.
- In a bowl, add the diced Pumpkin.
- To this add Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Lemon Juice and Salt.
- Feel free to adjust the spices depending on your taste and liking.
- Give this a very good mix, ensuring each piece is well coated with the spices.
- Heat a pan, I used a cast iron Tawa flat pan since they are naturally non-stick.
- Grease the pan with some Ghee or Oil.
- Now place the spiced pumpkin pieces keeping a little gap in between each piece. Start from the center and out.
- Let this cook on a medium flame. You can drizzle some oil or ghee if it looks too dry.
- Flip and cook and repeat the previous step until they look toasty and have cooked completely.
- You can insert a knife to check if they have cooked.
- You can also bake these if you don’t want to cook on a burner stove top.
- Transfer onto a serving plate. Garnish with some chopped Coriander or Mint Leaves.
- Serve with some dip or Green Chutney.
- You can make the dip at home with some garlic salt, cheese, dairy cream, water and italian herbs. Mix and Microwave for 30 seconds. Instant Cheesy dip is ready!
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE