1 Small Cauliflower
Salt to taste
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Large Onion
2 Large Tomatoes
3 Dry Kashmiri/Bedgi Red Chillis
4-5 Large Garlic Cloves
1 Inch Ginger
10 Cashew Nuts
1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas)
1/4 Cup Hot Water
1 Tsp Ghee
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Kitchen King/Garam Masala
1/2 Cup Green Peas (Optional)
1/2 Cup Water
Salt to Taste
1 Tsp Kasoori Methi
1 Tsp Fresh Cream (Optional)
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves
- In a bowl, add the Cashew Nuts and Poppy Seeds with Hot water and keep aside for 30 minutes. Later grind this into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Separate the Cauliflower florets and wash them well. Soak them in water for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water in a deep vessel and add salt.
- To this add the washed Cauliflower florets and blanch them for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the blanched Cauliflower florets and sauté for 5-7 minutes until you see brown spots appearing on the surface.
- Take them out on a plate.
- In the leftover oil, add items coloured in Red in the ingredients section and sauté them until they all cook well.
- Once the mixture cools down, transfer this to a mixer and grind into a smooth paste.
- Now in the same pan, add 1 Tsp Ghee.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds.
- Now add the paste you just ground and cook until you see oil separating from the masala.
- Now add the spice powders mentioned in the ingredients list marked in Green. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the Cashew Khas Khas paste to this and mix well.
- Add salt and water.
- You can add frozen Green Peas if you want to. You can also use the fresh ones but boil them before adding to the masala. Green peas are optional.
- Also add the bleached and sautéed cauliflower florets.
- Cover and cook on low-medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add Garam Masala Powder
- Add Kasoori Methi after crushing them between your palms.
- Add fresh cream. This is optional.
- Mix everything well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Naan / Roti.