1 Cup Rice
1.5 Cups Water
1/2 Tsp Ghee
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Wash Basmati Rice thoroughly until you see clear water.
- Soak for 30 minutes in enough water.
- Drain water and add this rice along with water in a Pressure Cooker. I use a small cooker.
- Add salt and ghee to this. Mix well.
- Close the lid and place the whistle.
- On high flame, steam the rice for 2 whistles.
- Switch off flame and don’t open until the steam escapes. Should take around 10 mins.
- Open and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Serve hot with steaming dal and sabji!
- You can also use this to make Jeera Rice, Matar Rice or Fried Rice.