Super easy, super quick recipe! Mushrooms also take so little time to cook, at least the variety I use. So if you’ve got Mushrooms in your fridge, do try this recipe out!
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Ginger & Green Chilli Paste
7-8 Button Mushrooms
1 Large Tomato
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Tandoori Masala/ Garam
1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur)
A handful of Coriander Leaves
Salt to Taste
- In a wide pan, heat some oil.
- Splutter Cumin seeds until they crackle.
- Add the Ginger & Green Chilli Paste and sauté for a few seconds. If you have Ginger Green Chilli Paste with Garlic, you can use that instead. No problem!
- Now add the finely chopped Tomatoes. Red juicier tomatoes give a better flavour.
- Also add Salt and cook until they soften and look kind of mushy.
- Then goes in your cleaned and chopped Button Mushrooms. I chop them into a big chunks. This way the flavour is well retained.
- Sauté for a few seconds; cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Open the lid and mix well. You will notice the mushrooms have reduced in size and have also started to release water. You don’t want them to lose a lot of water though.
- Now add the spice powders – Turmeric, Kashmiri Red Chilli, Dry Mango and Garam Masala or Tandoori Masala Powder. I used Chicken Tandoori Masala (The name has Chicken, but it was purely vegetarian incase you are a vegetarian and would like to use this).
- Mix and cook for a minute. Switch off flame.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti or Naan (Indian Flatbreads) or with rice or even pav or bread laden with butter! I’ve even tried this with dosa.
- Looking forward for your love & support. Do like & comment. If you wish to receive an email every time I post a new article, follow my blog for an update. And subscribe to receive a free e-book on top 10 Indian Kitchen Hacks. Only limited copies!