Most people think that Peanut Butter has ‘ butter’ or ‘oil’ in them. Maybe the store-bought ones do, along with a lot of things your body doesn’t need. This is by far the most easiest recipes one can make at home and all it really needs is Peanuts. You can add other things to this as per your taste but if you’ve got 10-20 minutes on your clock, some basic equipments and peanuts, you will have made this in no time.
Natural Sweetener (Optional)
Cocoa Powder (Optional)
- Take as many peanuts as you wish to use.
- In a wide pan or skillet, dry roast the peanuts with their skin, on medium-high heat.
- Keep stirring to make sure all the sides are well roasted and you don’t end up burning a few peanuts.
- When you start seeing brown/black spots on the peanut skin, switch off flame and let it cool down.
- Once they cool down, you need to take the skin off. This is the only time-consuming or trickiest part of the whole process.
- The easiest way to separate the skin from the peanuts is to rub the peanuts in the most cruel or harsh way possible with both your hands. Then carry the skillet over to a sink or a trash can and blow over the peanuts gently to discard the loose skin. I prefer the sink. The skin will fly off and settle on the sink and then easily discard the remains in the garbage can. Keep doing this until you knock off all the skin you see. Messy for a while but fun too. Get your kids and spouse to bond over this fun activity. Just don’t overdo this or you’ll be out of breath in no time haha. It’s totally okay if you still see some skin attached to the peanuts.
- Also a tip to save time. You can use shelled raw peanuts too. Or you can use pre-roasted peanuts. You can also roast in bulk and keep them stored in an airtight container and use when required.
- So in the next step, you need a grinder. Take the small or large mixer jar you have depending on the quantity you are using, and add these roasted de-skinned peanuts.
- Pulse it a few times until it turns into a coarse Powder.
- Open the jar and with a spatula, mix it in.
- Now close the jar and keep pulsing. Use your low, medium, high speed and pulse. Open and mix, if necessary especially if it seems like the mixer is not doing anything at all.
- Tada! You will see all your peanuts have magically turned to Peanut Butter! No salt, no sugar, no oil required. Thick peanut butter is ready to eat!
- You can however add honey or other artificial sweeteners. You can add salt to this or make a spicy version by adding dry red chillies too! You can add cold pressed peanut oil to give the butter a pourable consistency. Or you can add cocoa powder. You choose. I prefer it natural, just peanuts!
- Add this to milk, on toast, in chocolates, smoothies, protein shakes or lick it off your fingers! I won’t judge. Have fun with homemade peanut butter your way.
- Looking forward for your love & support. Do like & comment. If you wish to receive an email every time I post a new article, follow my blog for an update. And subscribe to receive a free e-book on top 10 Indian Kitchen Hacks. Only limited copies!