1.5 Cups Red Rice Poha
1 Tbsp Oil/Ghee
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1 String Curry Leaves
1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger
1 Green Chilli
1Cup Green Peas
1 Capsicum/Bell Pepper (Optional)
1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts
1 Tsp Kitchen King Masala Powder
1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Sugar
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves / Grated Fresh Coconut
Salt to taste
- In a deep vessel, add enough water and heat till it comes to a boil. Switch off flame.
- Soak washed Red Rice Poha in this hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain using a Sieve/Colander and set aside. You can keep it covered to retain softness. Use the water for your plants 🌱
- In a wide pan, heat oil. Splutter Mustard Seeds.
- Also add Curry Leaves, Grated Ginger and finely chopped Green Chilli. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the finely chopped Onion and cook until they turn light brown.
- Add finely chopped Tomatoes too.
- Add salt and cook until the Tomatoes soften.
- Add frozen Green Peas. If you want to use the fresh peas, boil them separately before adding them here.
- You can also add finely chopped Capsicum. This is completely optional. I don’t usually add this.
- Mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spice powders – Kitchen King Masala, Cumin Powder, Turmeric & Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder. You can use Garam Masala instead of Kitchen King.
- Add Sugar and mix well.
- Now add the Roasted Peanuts.
- Mix well and add the Red Rice Poha to the masala.
- Garnish with finely chopped Coriander Leaves / Fresh Grated Coconut and serve hot!
- You can make this with regular Jada/Thick Poha too, just skip the soaking part.