3 Cups Boiled White Peas (Safed Matar)
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Green Chilli
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/2 Tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- In a wide pan, heat oil.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds.
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and sauté for a few seconds.
- Also add one finely chopped Green Chilli.
- Now add finely chopped Onions and sauté until they brown a little.
- Now add the finely chopped Tomatoes and mix.
- Add salt and sauté until the Tomatoes soften.
- Add the spice powders – Turmeric Garam Masala & Asafoetida. Mix and let the mixture cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked White Peas (Safed Matar). Make sure the peas are cooked well and not hard.
- You can add water and adjust the consistency as you desire. For Rotis I keep it dense and for Potato Patties a little gravy so I can pour easily.
- Add salt and garnish with finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Potato Patties. Check the Ragda Pattice Recipe here!
- You can also pair this with Roti or Crispy Buttered Bread or Pani Puri or even Dosa. Or simply enjoy this on its own as an evening snack topped with some chopped tomatoes, onions and sev/chips/roasted dals/broken crispy puri!
- So many ways to enjoy this! Do share in the comments below if you liked this recipe or tried a different pairing 🙂